ANDREAS THORKILDSEN, TERO PITKAMÄKI, VÍTĚZSLAV VESELÝ – three musketeers at javelin
Foto: Česká sportovní / Vlastimil Vacek
Olympic champion Andreas Thorkildsen from Norway, World Champion Tero Pitkamäki from Finnland and Czech star Vítězslav Veselý will meet at Golden Spike javelin throw competition.
--On taking only three attempts and then retiring last weekend in the Shanghai meeting
Thorkildsen: It was a combination of the early-season meeting and also a tight Achilles in that cold weather. I did not want to take a chance. I’m hoping for better things here.
--On defeating some big names in Shanghai and getting second-best throw of career in bad weather
Vesely: It was just the situation that presented itself in Shanghai. I had only three legal throws but one of them hit the mark and ended up winning. I respect all the other throwers. There is still a lot I need to learn from them.
--On competing in the European Championships and the Olympics in a short time span
Pitkamaki: It is a special opportunity for me to go to the Helsinki Olympic Stadium [for the European Championships]. It is something I have been waiting for all winter. But this time I want to get the gold [after winning bronze and silver in the last two outings].
55. Zlatá tretra Ostrava
20.5. 2016, Městský stadion Vítkovice, Ostrava
- Mo Farah for Ostrava Golden Spike
- Rohler leaves it late in Ostrava
- Usain Bolt’s parents hope for nice weather, Bolt Tower is the most unique
- Alberto Juantorena holds a special memory to Ostrava
- World Leading for Anita Wlodarczyk and Pawel Fajdek
- We love Ostrava and the support of the home crowd, agree the best Czechs
- Kenyan World Champion versus Czech World leader in Javelin Men
- IAAF PREVIEW Golden spike Ostrava 2016
- Lavillenie wants to attack 6 meters
- Eaton will run against Usain Bolt