ANDREAS THORKILDSEN, TERO PITKAMÄKI, VÍTĚZSLAV VESELÝ – three musketeers at javelin
Foto: Česká sportovní / Vlastimil Vacek
Olympic champion Andreas Thorkildsen from Norway, World Champion Tero Pitkamäki from Finnland and Czech star Vítězslav Veselý will meet at Golden Spike javelin throw competition.
--On taking only three attempts and then retiring last weekend in the Shanghai meeting
Thorkildsen: It was a combination of the early-season meeting and also a tight Achilles in that cold weather. I did not want to take a chance. I’m hoping for better things here.
--On defeating some big names in Shanghai and getting second-best throw of career in bad weather
Vesely: It was just the situation that presented itself in Shanghai. I had only three legal throws but one of them hit the mark and ended up winning. I respect all the other throwers. There is still a lot I need to learn from them.
--On competing in the European Championships and the Olympics in a short time span
Pitkamaki: It is a special opportunity for me to go to the Helsinki Olympic Stadium [for the European Championships]. It is something I have been waiting for all winter. But this time I want to get the gold [after winning bronze and silver in the last two outings].
53. Zlatá tretra Ostrava
17.6. 2014, Městský stadion Vítkovice, Ostrava
- Hansen to Ostrava, great javelins
- All the best for hammer
- Stars in special events
- Happy New Year 2015
- Tickets for the Ostrava Golden Spike 2015
- Ostrava Golden Spike knows the first stars. Wlodarczyk and Lavillenie will come.
- Ostrava will host the 2018 IAAF Continental Cup
- Gatlin, Dibaba, and Ndiku provide the standout performances in ostrava
- World leads for Heidler and Pars in Ostrava Hammer Throw
- Bohdan Bondarenko will jump in Ostrava