ANDREAS THORKILDSEN, TERO PITKAMÄKI, VÍTĚZSLAV VESELÝ – three musketeers at javelin
foto: Česká sportovní / Vlastimil Vacek
Olympic champion Andreas Thorkildsen from Norway, World Champion Tero Pitkamäki from Finnland and Czech star Vítězslav Veselý will meet at Golden Spike javelin throw competition.
--On taking only three attempts and then retiring last weekend in the Shanghai meeting
Thorkildsen: It was a combination of the early-season meeting and also a tight Achilles in that cold weather. I did not want to take a chance. I’m hoping for better things here.
--On defeating some big names in Shanghai and getting second-best throw of career in bad weather
Vesely: It was just the situation that presented itself in Shanghai. I had only three legal throws but one of them hit the mark and ended up winning. I respect all the other throwers. There is still a lot I need to learn from them.
--On competing in the European Championships and the Olympics in a short time span
Pitkamaki: It is a special opportunity for me to go to the Helsinki Olympic Stadium [for the European Championships]. It is something I have been waiting for all winter. But this time I want to get the gold [after winning bronze and silver in the last two outings].
52. Zlatá tretra Ostrava
27.6. 2013, Městský stadion Vítkovice, Ostrava
- Dibaba sisters, Harting, Beamon
- Tickets for Golden Spike 2013
- Lavillenie and James for Golden Spike
- Bolt returns
- Happy New Year 2013
- Walcott, Adams, Maslak, Vesely - first stars for 2013
- New look Ostrava Stadium to greet Jamaican athletes in 2013
- Czech javelin throwers beat opponents at Golden Spike meet, Bolt didn’t succeed
- Hot news from Ostrava Golden Spike 2012
- Hammer Throw 2012 - first two meeting records