ANDREAS THORKILDSEN, TERO PITKAMÄKI, VÍTĚZSLAV VESELÝ – three musketeers at javelin
Foto: Česká sportovní / Vlastimil Vacek
Olympic champion Andreas Thorkildsen from Norway, World Champion Tero Pitkamäki from Finnland and Czech star Vítězslav Veselý will meet at Golden Spike javelin throw competition.
--On taking only three attempts and then retiring last weekend in the Shanghai meeting
Thorkildsen: It was a combination of the early-season meeting and also a tight Achilles in that cold weather. I did not want to take a chance. I’m hoping for better things here.
--On defeating some big names in Shanghai and getting second-best throw of career in bad weather
Vesely: It was just the situation that presented itself in Shanghai. I had only three legal throws but one of them hit the mark and ended up winning. I respect all the other throwers. There is still a lot I need to learn from them.
--On competing in the European Championships and the Olympics in a short time span
Pitkamaki: It is a special opportunity for me to go to the Helsinki Olympic Stadium [for the European Championships]. It is something I have been waiting for all winter. But this time I want to get the gold [after winning bronze and silver in the last two outings].
55. Zlatá tretra Ostrava
20.5. 2016, Městský stadion Vítkovice, Ostrava
- 2016 Ostrava Golden Spike has its term and tentative promise Bolt
- BOLT BACK IN BUSINESS, BUT NELVIS STEALS THE SHOW IN OSTRAVA
- 54th ostrava golden spike Preview
- Double for polish hammer throwers
- Javelin throw competition will be thrilling
- taylor aiming to attack 18 metres again
- rudisha considers 600 m to be a sprint event
- Holusa will try to keep up with kiprop
- Press conference with Usain BOLT
- Usain Bolt arrived in Ostrava