Florence Kiplagat on her world record attempt: ‘Everything is possible’
Press conference highlights – world record holder in the half marathon and two-time Berlin Marathon champion Florence Kiplagat.
On her world record attempts in the one-hour run and 20,000m:
50 laps - It’s a long way on the track [laughs]. I spent a long time running track so I know it’s not easy. So I just want to try my best tomorrow.
I always believe that everything I’m doing is the right thing. If I can run 42 kilometers fast, then why not 20 kilometers on the track? Everything is possible. Nothing is impossible.
The three most important factors for a world record:
One: the spectators. Two: the weather. And three: my shape.
I want to ask the spectators to come and help. It’s a long way and I can’t do it on my own.
On the pace she’s planning to run:
I am going for a time of about 1:04:20, so roughly 77 seconds per lap. I will try my best.
What is the longest she’s ever run on the track?
The longest I’ve run on the track is 20 kilometers, nothing more [laughs].
55. Zlatá tretra Ostrava
20.5. 2016, Městský stadion Vítkovice, Ostrava
- The sixth Rio winner for Ostrava: RUDISHA and his debut at 1000m
- Mo Farah for Ostrava Golden Spike
- Rohler leaves it late in Ostrava
- Usain Bolt’s parents hope for nice weather, Bolt Tower is the most unique
- Alberto Juantorena holds a special memory to Ostrava
- World Leading for Anita Wlodarczyk and Pawel Fajdek
- We love Ostrava and the support of the home crowd, agree the best Czechs
- Kenyan World Champion versus Czech World leader in Javelin Men
- IAAF PREVIEW Golden spike Ostrava 2016
- Lavillenie wants to attack 6 meters